| Alpha And Omega
Alpha And Omega is track number 14 on the Geogaddi album. As well as constituting the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet, alpha and omega is also an appellation of God in the book of Revelation.
- A large group of people conversing in a room. A young woman's laugh is heard prominently at the very beginning of the track and is repeatedly throughout the track in the background.
- A voice is thought to be saying "Alpha and Omega" over a loudspeaker at the beginning and end of the track. The pitch slows down sharply. (0:07)
- Vocals over a telephone or walkie talkie which have been sliced and rearranged in the style of Telephasic Workshop (2:30, 5:38)
- [Reversed, 01:21] The radio banter seems to say "Retract... [incoherent], or possibly "buy corporate, napster (reversed)"... we have two divers" followed by a British voice (1:32): "Yeah... California... You can do what you want... [incoherent; if you don't want two labels?]" followed by two children: "one forty, nine hundred and nine pounds (£ 140909)... okay, is that cash?" (reversed, 1:48)
- A shrill sound reminiscent of a pig squeal, followed by very faint children's voices (3:33)
- A young woman gasping (4:15, 4:25, 4:35, 4:45, 4:55, 5:05, 5:43)
- A woman's voice is heard saying "Yellow!" (4:17, 1:17)
- Panned slightly to the right, a thin, whispery sound existing in the high treble frequencies seems to be saying "that's the one" (repeatedly from 4:44 until 5:43)
- Ascending metallophone-like notes, allegedly sampled from the video 'Spider Engineers' (6:03, 6:07; not confirmed)
- A man's back masked voice saying "I'm a God-darned Satanist, and, if I wanted, I'd be in this business too." (6:30)
- Reversed male vocals with room ambience (6:39)
- Alpha And Omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet.
- The following Bible refs, by [DC]:
- "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." - Rev 1:8
- "He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End." - Rev 21:6
- "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End - Rev 22:13."
- The super-bomb in the film [Beneath the Planet of the Apes], guarded by a strange cult that worships the bomb, is described as a "doomsday weapon", and it has capital Greek letters Alpha and Omega inscribed on one of its fins (this is specifically mentioned in the film). [DC]
- ↑ http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1581
- ↑ http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4382