| Nothing Is Real
Samples / Lyrics
- At about 1:54 in the track a distorted voice says:
"Jesus, was it you indeed,
to flirt unkindly with my greed,
promising eternal life,
when you knew it was not right,
when you knew that what I'd need was oneness and comfort there?"
Isolated version of the track: http://sequoia.ax.lt/nothing-is-real.mp3
- The opening line sounds like it may be two voices, with Jesus saying "Indeed" as an answer to, "Jesus, was it you?"
- The title may be a reference to the Beatles' song 'Strawberry Fields Forever', which contains the line 'Nothing is real, and nothing to get hung about', this may be relevant, as in interviews the Sandison brothers have expressed a strong interest in the Beatles' psychedelic works, Strawberry Fields Forever being one of their most psychedelic.
- It may also be a reference to nihilism, as the brothers also expressed they had "become a lot more nihilistic over the years" 
- ↑ http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/jun/06/boards-of-canada-become-more-nihilistic