| Nothing Is Real
Samples / Lyrics
- At 1:54 a distorted voice says:
"Jesus, was it you indeed,
to flirt unkindly with my greed,
promising eternal life,
when you knew it was not right,
when you knew that what I'd need was willingness and comfort there?"
A version of the track with the voice isolated can be found here: http://sequoia.ax.lt/nothing-is-real.mp3
Nothing is Real shares melodies with previous track Uritual.
1:12 - "Thank you" or something familiar is being spoken in female voice.
Towards the end of the track, fading in at the 2:56 mark, a distorted, echoed and possibly back-masked conversation can be heard. It is distorted to such an extent as to be completely unintelligible but is still a noticeable and potent part of the final mix.
- The title may be a reference to the Beatles' song 'Strawberry Fields Forever', which contains the line 'Nothing is real, and nothing to get hung about', this may be relevant, as in interviews the Sandison brothers have expressed a strong interest in the Beatles' psychedelic works, Strawberry Fields Forever being one of their most psychedelic; a sample of Strawberry Fields Forever can also allegedly be heard in the song Kid For Today.
- It may also be a reference to nihilism, as the brothers also expressed they had "become a lot more nihilistic over the years" 
- In the very beginning of the song, a sound clip from the song Turquoise Hexagon Sun can heard for several seconds.
- This song was used in a documentary about the boxer Edwin Valero. 
- ↑ http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/jun/06/boards-of-canada-become-more-nihilistic
- ↑ https://youtu.be/6TXLUcBU2QY