The Devil Is In The Details
|The Devil Is In The Details|
- The Devil Is In The Details is track number 16 on the Geogaddi album. In an interview with the NME it is suggested that the main riff of the song was designed to imitate a specific well known equation.
- Lyrics for The Devil Is In The Details are sampled and heavily distorted, almost to the point where the words sound like they're being spoken underwater. The exact source and precice words are debatable. The following interpretation has been taken from songmeanings.net:
"Just relax and enjoy this pleasant adventure. Here you are, secure and protected, in this...your special place. Letting my voice flow into your mind. you don't need to concentrate, just gently as you go. Suggestions are going into your unconscious mind. Open yourself up to the greater wisdom and understanding. So now you're letting the sound of my voice reach the inner, healthy, receptive center of yourself. See yourself now, in your imagination. you are being transformed in a positive, healthy way. Slowly you are programming your unconscious mind, Gaining new insight to your directions in the future. Allow yourself to be more aware of your pathway through this life. Enjoy new opportunities.
As the days go by, you will feel it in your mind. You are allowing this to happen. these things are happening day-by-day, Just as i am telling you they're happening, wherever you are. See this happening, and trying to become a part of you. More and more rapidly, more and more surely, more and more powerfully each day. When it is necessary, you can program yourself, and be able to dream the information you require. This awareness will come gradually at your own rate. It will never be more than you can cope with. This guidance will help show you the way. This will only happen, if you choose, it will be so. Ready, now..."
- Comment from NME interview:
"The Devil Is In The Details' has a riff that was designed to imitate a specific well-known equation, but in musical terms."
- The bassline and melody of The Devil Is In The Details are an octave and a major sixth apart. The bassline/melody repeats the first note three times, yielding three consecutive "sixths" in a row, i.e. 6-6-6.
- The Devil Is In The Details is a quotation whose source and precise words are debatable. If you are interested, you can read a discussion of this topic and its history. [DC] (Link is down)